finding rest - a vacation psalm

This coming week we are headed on a vacation to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Thus I’ll be silent on the blog for a bit. But I thought I’d leave with this slight tweak I’ve done of Psalm 62. It captures what I anticipate in the change of pace vacation brings:

Psalm 62 - Anneke Kaai
Truly my soul finds rest in God;
   my salvation comes from him.
Truly he is my constant and my salvation;
   he is my abode, I will never be disoriented.

How long will you distract me?
   Would all of you vie for my attention—
   this eager consumer, this scattered mind?
Surely they intend to overwhelm me
   from my place of control;
   they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
   but in their hearts they curse.

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
   my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my constant and my salvation;
   he is my abode, I will not be distracted.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
   he is my clarity, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
   pour out your hearts to him,
   for God is our calm place.

Psalm 62:1-8

0 comments:

Post a Comment