Transition

Transition can be both difficult and exciting. Transition in Christian ministry is no different. 

 
 
Pastor is my job, yes. But seeing as my job is directly connected to my faith. And my faith involves my whole life, it’s safe to say, in some ways, that my role as a pastor is my life. And being part of a community of faith as one of their pastors is like adopting an extended family in which I get to share my life. Job transition provides logistical challenges. Family transition provides personal challenges. Pastoral transition combines all these challenges together!

And so it’s with mixed emotions this week as I’ve announced an upcoming transition in my life. After nearly 4 years as associate pastor at Hyde Creek Community Church I’ve accepted the position of Praxis Director at Columbia Bible College.

My time as pastor at Hyde Creek has been deeply meaningful as I’ve seen God at work in my own life and in the lives of this community of faith. Our family has been blessed to share in life together with the family of Hyde Creek. As I’ve said to many, thank goodness friendship isn’t contingent on me being a pastor!

Similarly, I look forward with anticipation to my new role. The Praxis program is a new one-year discipleship program at CBC focusing on faith, community, and mission in urban culture. This new role extends from my passion to lead and experience authentic Christian community that engages the intersection of faith and culture in everyday life together.

Looking back and anticipating forward, then, I trust I will continue to be led by my experience of the good news of Jesus both in the world and in my life.

“Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ...you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel” (Phil. 1:27)

0 comments:

Post a Comment