Love Does - quotable

I just read Love Does by Bob Goff - he's a friend of Don Miller who encouraged him to write a book, so he did. The book is full of inspiring stories, everyday wisdom, authenticity and a depth of faith that is often lacking in popular Christian literature. In fact, it reads a lot like a Don Miller book! 

I'll share more next week, but for now here's a few notable quotes/ideas:

“I used to be afraid of failing at the things that really mattered to me, but now I’m more afraid of succeeding at things that don’t matter."

“I used to think you had to be special for God to use you, but now I know you simply have to say yes.”

The story of sending his kids around the world to meet face-to-face with world leaders just to become their friends (an exercise in response to 9/11).

On theology and the parable of the banquet - a well-word commentary on how theology should operate for ordinary folks: "The message [Jesus] had for this round of people was simple: 'There's more room.' That was it. It wasn't a deep theological treatise. Yet is was exactly that, deep and theological." I love that last line!

"If you want to know the answer to the bigger question - what's God's plan for the whole world? - buckle up: it's us."


0 comments:

Post a Comment