stop: randomness ahead!

It's been a bit of a random week - one of those periods where my blogging radar hasn't been able to pinpoint a specific topic to consider. But these types of weeks don't always mean an absence of interesting thoughts and ideas - some of which could eventually turn into a blog post. So stop! And consider some (hopefully-beneficial) randomness:

A quote:
“If we don’t learn to live with one another we will not live. We will either love each other as neighbors or we won’t be. I believe that it is an insult to me as a Christian to say that I cannot love as neighbor somebody who thinks differently than I do. Where did we ever get that idea?” (Miroslav Volf)
A lame church sign: "Tithe if you love Jesus, anyone can honk!" Boy, there is an explicit plea for money if I ever saw one. Budget struggles anyone?

An idea in my upcoming sermon: "Jesus said his kingdom was "not of this world" (Jn. 18:36). He didn't say his kingdom is out of this world." Subtle, but important distinction if you ask me.

A free sampler of songs based on the Lord's Prayer: "Abba Father."

A cool website that let's you explore the Sistine Chapel (still not the same as in person)

And finally, a music video of Willie Nelson singing Coldplay's "The Scientist" with a very interesting story to tell:




0 comments:

Post a Comment