rest

As we vacation in the San Francisco area this week, I keep thinking, “oh, I should blog something...” But for me, obligation is the enemy of relaxation when I’m on vacation, hence the blog silence. So all I offer are a few quotes I Googled that aptly describe how our time has been. Oh, and there’s this picture I took of Landon - who brings new meaning to “rest” and vacation:-).

Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind (Eccl. 4:6 NIV).

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time (Sir John Lubbock).

Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgment will be surer. Go some distance away because then the work appears smaller and more of it can be taken in at a glance and a lack of harmony and proportion is more readily seen (Leonardo da Vinci).

Sometimes the most urgent and vital thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest (Ashleigh Brilliant).

1 comments:

doradueck said...

Do enjoy -- and, great photo!

Post a Comment