Craig Cardiff

Recently I decided to take advantage of the latest iTunes wizardry and give the application “Genius” a try. For those who don’t know, Genius examines your music library and makes suggestions for new music based on that. Short story short, I came across the musician Craig Cardiff, an independent Canadian musician whose folk tunes, raw voice, and challenging lyrics can’t help but draw the listener in. In an extraordinary way, Cardiff manages to not only present his art, but presents a glimpse into reality through his music. In my opinion, any musician who can achieve that is worth my time.




I have his album Goodnight (Go Home) and can’t turn it off. Go to his website for a listen…

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Mmmmm. Thanks for the recommendation—I've been enjoying this immensely!

Dan Silas said...

I heard him recently on Vinyl Cafe - blogged about him too... love his material.

David Warkentin said...

Hey Dan, yeah, his raw talent and honest lyrics create a depth of sound and message I've really appreciated.

I was reading your profile (and blog), and noticed you were in Backroads Band - Dan B. is my uncle! (my mom's youngest brother). Small world!

Post a Comment