2007

Well, I am not sure what this coming year will be like. I am continuing to study at Regent College in Vancouver, as I am half way through my Master of Christian Studies degree. Julie has a begun a new job this week, which is exciting for us as she will be facing new challenges in the marketing world. I continue to be involved with young adults and music at our church, as well as a care group that we are in. I hope to play some more touch football in the spring and fall, and am looking forward to our trip to Winnipeg in May for Carolyn’s wedding. The summer will be a chance to ease the mind from my studies with a few months of roofing construction (believe me, I actually look forward to this!). Examining this list I realize that like 2006, 2007 will be a busy year…

And in this busyness I find myself once again challenged to connect with my surroundings, and not just get caught up in the act of “doing” things. I am usually not one for New Years resolutions, but this year I resolve to “be,” not just “do.” I am tired of the constant disconnectedness as we all run around doing more things, always seeking better and faster, all the while forgetting that we are leaving people out of our adventures. I hope 2007 will be a year of connection, not just for me, but for all who feel the weight of this busy world we live in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment