World Aids Day - Dec 1

My friend Mike, who is raising money for aids through his (Red)emption campaign, asked everyone who has supported this effort to post about World Aids Day. I must admit, I feel very distant from the whole issue of AIDS, or even the whole condition of the African continent. It would be just as easy to pass this day by and continue in my life unchanged. Now, just posting on World Aids Day isn't going to drastically change my actions, but at the same time it reminds me that my life can have more of an impact than just here in BC. For now, this may mean I simply support my friend Mike and his efforts. It is very easy to get overwhelmed with the whole issue, cause as individuals we can't change the situation. Yet this cannot be an excuse to simply ignore global issues, in this case AIDS. As Mike has quoted, "we are the people we've been waiting for."

So I invite you to reflect globally, particularly about AIDS. Is there an aspect to being human that challenges us to look beyond ourselves to others who are suffering? I know I am challenged...

If you are interested in where my thoughts behind this post originated, you can visit Mike's website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment