Relaxation by snow!

These pictures are of our backyard. We’ve had at least a foot of snow in the last 24 hours. Pretty rare for still being November. But hey, it’s hard to argue with nice BC snowfall!!! What’s really good is the imposed relaxation due to the fact that we don’t really want to venture out driving too badly (yes, us BC drivers are wimps in the snow, but I don’t care…). As you could probably tell by my last post, I haven’t had much time to relax, and when I do, it seems like my mind is still racing. So a snowfall is a good lesson in slowing down and taking a breather.

So if you have a chance, look out the window, or go for a walk, or have a game of “Life” tournament with a special someone (like I did this afternoon!). Just don’t let this beautiful weather just pass us by like we do with so many other things in life. I know it sounds corny, but this snowstorm is just what I needed. A time to prioritize and remember that my life is more than just all of the things I do. Sometimes it just takes a snowstorm to point that out…


3 comments:

marjorie warkentin said...

i agree David...the snow is a beautiful gift for me too. I see my world differently as I walk and enjoy the silence and the calming effect of the snow....
thanks for shoveling our driveway, and Ken and Mary's.
love,
mom

Carolyn said...

It's nice to see some Winnipeg weather has come your way! Does it make you want to move here yet?!
:)

Tim Tom said...

Play a little snow football for me will you? I'm so jealous. This is what happens when I move to a place thats supposed to have snow, its runs away from me.

Post a Comment